Mazzei Electric Ltd. is an experienced electrical contracting company that provides certified electricians for a wide variety of services in industrial, commercial, and residential settings since 1994.
All field employees are certified Journeymen electricians and registered electrical Apprentices, enabling us to provide to our customers with extensive experience, timely troubleshooting and analytical skills, along with a vast knowledge in electrical repair and maintenance.
At Mazzei Electric Ltd., we are in constant pursuit of new ways to tackle all projects, from the smallest service call to the largest commercial project. Through brainstorming, training, and teamwork, much pride is taken in finding fresh approaches to problem solving and task completion.
By being committed to the health, safety, and well-being of all of our staff and customers, and remaining true to our founder’s values of quality, honesty, and hard work, we aim to create strong sense of loyalty and morale within Mazzei Electric Ltd.
At this time, Mazzei Electric Ltd. is now hiring a Jobsite Electrical Foreman for Projects work in Nanaimo and surrounding areas. We are looking for a candidate that is self-motivated, hard working, and professional in both appearance and attitude. Duties will include providing direction and supervision for electrical construction in commercial and multi-residential properties. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits after a probationary period. Resumes are accepted by email ONLY. Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. Please include a copy of your personal resume in PDF or Word format. Thank you.
- Nanaimo and surrounding areas;
Anticipated Start Date:
- Spring 2018;
- Hourly – extended benefits are available after 6 months;
- 5 years electrical experience required in the residential/commercial sectors,
- Experience in all other electrical fields are an asset;
Type of Work Setting:
- Mixed use, Commercial/Multi-residential Construction;
- Red-Seal Journeyman,
- Valid Class B FSR or higher,
- Extensive knowledge of CEC;
- Basic hand tools, multi-meter, and cordless power tools,
- valid class 5 driver’s license;
- Plan, organize, direct, and control daily operations including completion of work scope, ensuring the use of company OHS policies and procedures, and on-site inventory management,
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and monitor progress,
- Reading and interpreting drawings and schematics,
- Professionalism in client/contractor relations,
- Installation of electrical components in multi-residential and commercial structures,
- Trouble-shooting of all electrical components,
- Testing and measurement with multi-meters, meggers, etc.,
- Instruction of apprentices,
- Understanding of Arc Flash and Lock-out/Tag-out procedures;
- Basic computer skills;
- Willingness to work out of town, on call, longer shifts, and/or evening/night shifts.