Mazzei Electric Ltd. is an experienced electrical contracting company that has been providing certified electricians for a wide variety of services in the industrial, commercial, and residential sectors since 1994. By being committed to the health, safety, and well-being of all of our staff and customers, and remaining true to our founder’s values of quality, honesty, and hard work, we aim to create strong sense of loyalty and morale within the Mazzei Electric Team.
We are in constant pursuit of new ways to tackle all projects, from the smallest service call to the largest commercial project. Through brainstorming, training, and teamwork, we take pride in finding fresh approaches to problem solving and task completion.
We were named Vancouver Island’s Business of the Year in 2018 and have been experiencing rapid growth since. Now is a great time to join our progressive company, and to enjoy all that beautiful Victoria has to offer!
Mazzei Electric is currently hiring a full-time Service Manager to lead our team of service electricians in Victoria and the surrounding areas. Our expectation is that this individual will possess all the skills of a proven leader and have extensive experience in the electrical service industry. They will be a highly organized, motivated, and reliable employee, with a positive attitude, and excellent communication and customer service skills. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to the marketing strategy of the company, take a “hands on” approach in reaching out to potential customers, scheduling and streamlining residential customer service processes and procedures.
- Manage the administrative and customer service functions of the Service Department
- Maintain open and positive communication (both in verbal and written form) with employees, departments, customers, and vendors
- Engage in business development activities to grow Mazzei Electric’s market share in the region
- Maintain appropriate staffing level and workload distribution to meet customer and business needs
- Ensure compliance with company policies and recommend policy changes as needed
- Responsible for the efficient operation of the Service Department and expense control
- Proactive and reactive management of all service personnel including hiring, training, motivation, career development, reviews, and safety
- Organize and present at monthly tech meetings
- Perform annual merit reviews and development planning for service personnel
- Analyze service productivity and recommend changes to improve customer service and profitability
- Maintain high quality service delivery in an efficient, productive and profitable manner
- Review and approve all replacement requests
- Organize, coordinate and schedule all scheduled maintenance, replacement and customer service work orders
- Assist or assign assistance for technician on accounts to ensure work quality
Other duties as required
- Electrical Red Seal certified
- Experience in managing electricians and/or service technicians in a commercial electrical service & maintenance operation within a multi branch office environment
- Experience in Service Management/Dispatch including the use of appropriate software and Microsoft Office & Outlook.
- Demonstrated business development skills in facilitating business growth
- Experience using Accubid is an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication/organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work
- Applicant must be familiar with a variety of the electrical field’s concepts, practices, and procedures including the technical ability to understand and interpret CEC electrical codes, safety regulations, building codes and lighting systems where applicable
- Experience and knowledge of electrical applications, permits, and electrical maintenance
- Valid driver’s license and clear abstract
We offer a competitive wage, paid vacation, a health and dental benefits package, training and development opportunities, and an enviable work-life balance.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume.
We look forward to hearing from you!