Mazzei Electric Ltd. is an experienced electrical contracting company that has been providing certified electricians for a wide variety of services in the industrial, commercial, and residential sectors since 1994. By being committed to the health, safety, and well-being of all of our staff and customers, and remaining true to our founder’s values of quality, honesty, and hard work, we aim to create strong sense of loyalty and morale within the Mazzei Electric Team.
We are in constant pursuit of new ways to tackle all projects, from the smallest service call to the largest commercial project. Through brainstorming, training, and teamwork, we take pride in finding fresh approaches to problem solving and task completion.
We were named Vancouver Island’s Business of the Year in 2018 and have been experiencing rapid growth since. Now is a great time to join our progressive company, and to enjoy all that beautiful Nanaimo, BC has to offer!
At this time, Mazzei Electric Ltd. is hiring an Estimator in Nanaimo. This individual will report directly to the Pre-Construction Manager and will play an integral role in providing accurate and timely estimates. Once the job is won, this individual will participate in pre-construction meetings and project close-out meetings.
- Assemble quantity take-off and quotations
- Identify potential cost savings solutions
- Estimate project costs and submit tenders
- Estimate changes
- Identify potential business opportunities
- Establish, maintain, and build effective, long lasting relationships with suppliers, manufacturers, engineers, and contractors in the industry
- Work with project leads to review project documents
- On completion of project, review performance at project close-out meeting
- Electrical trade certificate or Electrical Engineering Degree
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in commercial estimating
- Experience with Accubid estimating programs
- Strong computer skills
- Demonstrate ability to gather and analyze information with an aptitude for critical thinking
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
We offer a competitive wage, paid vacation, a health and dental benefits package, training and development opportunities, and an enviable work-life balance on beautiful Vancouver Island.
For more information on our company, please visit www.mazzeielectric.com. Qualified candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume.
We look forward to hearing from you!