Mazzei Electric Ltd. is an experienced electrical contracting company that has been providing certified electricians for a wide variety of services in the industrial, commercial, and residential sectors since 1994. By being committed to the health, safety, and well-being of all of our staff and customers, and remaining true to our founder’s values of quality, honesty, and hard work, we aim to create strong sense of loyalty and morale within the Mazzei Electric Team.
We are in constant pursuit of new ways to tackle all projects, from the smallest service call to the largest commercial project. Through brainstorming, training, and teamwork, we take pride in finding fresh approaches to problem solving and task completion.
We were named Vancouver Island’s Business of the Year in 2018 and have been experiencing rapid growth since. Now is a great time to join our progressive company, and to enjoy all that beautiful Nanaimo, BC has to offer!
At this time, Mazzei Electric Ltd. is hiring a Jobsite Electrical Foreperson for small projects in Nanaimo and surrounding areas. We are looking for a professional candidate that is self-motivated, hardworking, and innovative. Duties will include providing direction and supervision for electrical construction in commercial and multi-residential properties.
- Plan, organize, direct, and control daily operations including completion of work scope, ensuring the use of company OHS policies and procedures, and on-site inventory management
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and monitor progress
- Reading and interpreting drawings and schematics
- Coordinate with the site coordinators or general superintendents
- Professionalism in client/contractor relations
- Instruction of journeypersons and apprentices
- Understanding of Arc Flash and Lock-out/Tag-out procedures
- 5 years electrical experience required in multi-family residential/commercial sectors
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Experience in all other electrical fields are an asset
- Red-Seal Journeyperson Electrician required
- Valid Class B FSR or higher an asset
- Extensive knowledge of CEC
- Basic hand tools, multi-meter, and cordless power tools
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Willingness to work out of town, on call, longer shifts, and/or evening/night shifts as required
We offer a competitive wage, paid vacation, a health and dental benefits package, an enviable work-life balance on beautiful Vancouver Island, and training and development opportunities.
For more information on our company, please visit www.mazzeielectric.com. Qualified candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume tin response to this ad.
We look forward to hearing from you!