Mazzei Electric Ltd. is an experienced electrical contracting company that has been providing certified electricians for a wide variety of services in the industrial, commercial, and residential sectors since 1994. By being committed to the health, safety, and well-being of all of our staff and customers, and remaining true to our founder’s values of quality, honesty, and hard work, we aim to create strong sense of loyalty and morale within the Mazzei Electric Team.
We are in constant pursuit of new ways to tackle all projects, from the smallest service call to the largest commercial project. Through brainstorming, training, and teamwork, we take pride in finding fresh approaches to problem solving and task completion.
We were named Vancouver Island’s Business of the Year in 2018 and have been experiencing rapid growth since. Now is a great time to join our progressive company, and to enjoy all that beautiful Kelowna, BC has to offer!
At this time, Mazzei Electric Ltd. is hiring a Project Manager in Kelowna. This individual will report directly to the Director of Operations and will play an integral role in the planning, coordination, and execution of projects from inception to conclusion. This includes optimizing resources and ultimately overall financial performance on all projects.
- Maintaining strict adherence to relevant industry and Mazzei Electric safety standards. Proper safety measures include the use of all necessary safety equipment and apparatus, as well as implementing necessary safety procedures and safeguards during any given job.
- Fully support and promote Mazzei Electric’s core values of Safety, Ethics, Progressive, Teamwork and Quality.
- Engage in business development activities to grow Mazzei Electric’s market share in the region
- Develop and coordinate schedules, resources plan, procurement, project commissioning, project tracking and risk mitigation strategies.
- Control costs and maximizing productivity through the implementation of best practices and standard processes.
- Coordinate change management as required by submitting, tracking, and closing out RFIs.
- Maintain client satisfaction and promptly aid in resolving any concerns.
- Participate in progress meetings as requested.
- Work in tandem with the Site Superintendent and Project Foreman in overseeing contracts and budgets.
- Provide and impart technical knowledge and expertise to the Project Administrators.
- Manage financial aspects of projects through on-going job forecasting.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Overseeing pre-construction meetings to ensure successful handoff from estimating to field.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Collaborate with prefabrication and design departments.
- Set clear goals and expectations to foreman and provide coaching/counselling for employee growth and development.
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports.
- When necessary, estimate change orders for assigned projects.
- Manage all jobs closeout procedures.
- Conduct post project reviews to determine areas for future improvement.
- Develop/maintain network of professional relationships within our industry.
- Prepare and conduct foreman meetings for your area.
- Manage all warehouse inventory and reel counts.
- Manage the hiring and coordination of janitorial and building maintenance services and conduct interviews for job site employees.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Electrical Journeyperson certification and/or past Electrical Project Management experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience within the construction industry.
- Demonstrated business development skills facilitating business growth.
- Proficient in the tasks of project administration and management including RFI’s, submittals, change order management, progress billings.
- Excellent knowledge of industry products, practices and standards.
- Strong time management skills, specifically the ability to multi-task and prioritize a high work load.
Possess superior IT skills including strong working knowledge of industry specific software including Bluebeam, SiteDocs, Accubid, as well as a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership, organizational, decision making, problem solving and customer service skills.
- Strong understanding of financial processes and experience managing contracts and budgets.
We offer a competitive wage, paid vacation, a health and dental benefits package, training and development opportunities, and an enviable work-life balance.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume.
We look forward to hearing from you!