As a member of our project management team, you will oversee all aspects of assigned projects from commencement to completion. You will manage these projects in a manner that exceeds our customers’ expectations and ensures that our work adheres to all company safety policies and OHS-mandated requirements. This position reports to the Senior Project Manager for Mazzei Electric in Victoria.
· To bring decisive, focused leadership.
· To be results driven.
· To speak up and challenge when you disagree.
· To be accountable to yourself and your co-workers.
· Electrical Journeyman certification and/or past Electrical Project Management experience.
· Proficient in the tasks of project administration and management including RFI's, submittals, change order management, progress billings.
· Excellent knowledge of industry products, practices and standards.
· Strong time management skills, specifically the ability to multi-task and prioritize a high work load.
· Possess superior MS Word, Excel and Outlook skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Skills & Experience
· Manage all financial aspects of projects through on-going job forecasting.
· Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
· Oversee pre-construction meetings to ensure successful handoff from estimating to field.
· Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
· Collaborate with prefabrication and design departments.
· Set clear goals and expectations to foreman.
· Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
· Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports.
· Negotiate and resolve all customer concerns.
· When necessary, estimate change orders for assigned projects.
· Manage all jobs closeout procedures.
· Conduct post project reviews to determine areas for future improvement.
· Provide coaching/counseling to foreman.
· Develop/maintain network of professional relationships within our industry.
· Prepare and conduct foreman meetings for your area.
· Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues.