Mazzei Electric Ltd. is an experienced electrical contracting company that has been providing certified electricians for a wide variety of services in the industrial, commercial, and residential sectors since 1994. By being committed to the health, safety, and well-being of all of our staff and customers, and remaining true to our founder’s values of quality, honesty, and hard work, we aim to create strong sense of loyalty and morale within the Mazzei Electric Team.
We are in constant pursuit of new ways to tackle all projects, from the smallest service call to the largest commercial project. Through brainstorming, training, and teamwork, we take pride in finding fresh approaches to problem solving and task completion.
We were named Vancouver Island’s Business of the Year in 2018 and have been experiencing rapid growth since. Now is a great time to join our progressive company, and to enjoy all that beautiful Nanaimo, BC has to offer!
At this time, Mazzei Electric Ltd. is hiring a Journeyperson Electrician for service work in Nanaimo and the surrounding areas. We are looking for a candidate that is self-motivated, hard working, and professional. Duties will include service work for both residential and commercial properties.
- Trouble-shooting of all electrical components
- Professionalism in customer service
- Reading and interpreting drawings and schematics
- Testing and measurement with multi-meters, meggers, etc.
- New installation of electrical components in residential and commercial structures
- Renovation/additions to all styles of electrical systems in residential and commercial structures
- Instruction of apprentices (4 or less)
- Understanding of Arc Flash and Lock-out/Tag-out procedures
- Service experience required
- Experience in all other electrical fields are an asset
- Red-Seal Journeyman Electrician
- Valid Class B FSR (mandatory)
- Extensive knowledge of CEC
- Basic hand tools, multi-meter, and cordless power tools
- Valid class 5 driver’s license w/ clean abstract
- Valid safety tickets are an asset (eg. First Aid, Fall Pro, AWP, Confined Space, Arc Flash);
- Basic computer skills
- Willingness to work out of town, on call, longer shifts, and/or evening/night shifts
We offer a competitive wage, paid vacation, a health and dental benefits package, training and development opportunities, and an enviable work-life balance.
For more information on our company, please visit www.mazzeielectric.com. Qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume.
We look forward to hearing from you!