Manager of Operations
Based in Nanaimo, and operating across the province, Mazzei Electric is one of the largest privately owned electrical subcontractors on Vancouver Island.
With offices in Nanaimo, Victoria and Fort St John we have enjoyed several years of steady growth. This has created an opportunity for an experienced senior operations manager to join our management team in Nanaimo.
Reporting to the President and interfacing regularly with the senior management team, the role will oversee and be responsible for the following:
• Achieving all operational performance targets, including project timelines; cost and revenue targets; labour KPI’s; margin; safety; and, environmental compliance.
• Maintaining effective and productive customer and vendor relations and assisting with cash flow management,
• Working closely with the Pre-Construction Manager to ensure accuracy of bidding and realistic project expectations,
• Participate in long-term planning, strategy development, budgeting and succession planning in the operations group,
• Be accountable for Safe Work and assist in the ongoing development of the Corporate Safety Vision,
• Providing guidance, direction and oversight to all facets of the company’s operations profile and ensure effective risk mitigation strategies are identified and adhered to.
The ideal Candidate will possess:
• A minimum of 10 years progressive electrical project experience including Commercial projects in excess of $3MM.
• Experience managing across multiple divisions in regionally diverse areas.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• A demonstrated ability to effectively lead a team of tradespeople, including journeyman and all levels of apprentices.
• A solid understanding of current labour law and safety practices.
• A commitment to Safe Work and the concept of continuous improvement.
• Competent with MSOffice suite of products, Project Management software including Accubid, Bluebeam, and other contemporary Project Management tools.
• Red-Seal Journeyman Electrician
• FSR certification
• Some formal training in business and/or project management would be an asset.
This is a key management position in a highly focused and growing local company. Although based in Nanaimo, some regular travel will be required. We offer a professional workplace, a competitive salary including a formally structured bonus plan and the prospect of longer term growth for the right candidate.
Qualified and Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter in confidence referencing Operations Manager in the subject line to email@example.com. All applications will be held in strict confidence. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.