Mazzei Electric Ltd. is an experienced electrical contracting company that provides certified electricians for a wide variety of services in industrial, commercial and residential settings since 1994.
At Mazzei Electric Ltd., we are in constant pursuit of new ways to tackle all projects, from the smallest service call to the largest commercial project. Through brainstorming, training and team work, much pride is taken in finding fresh approaches to problem solving and task completion.
By being committed to the health, safety and well-being of all of our staff and customers, and remaining true to our founder’s values of quality, honesty and hard work, we aim to create strong sense of loyalty and morale within Mazzei Electric Ltd.
At this time, Mazzei Electric Ltd. is hiring a Journeyman Electrician for service work in Nanaimo and the surrounding areas. We are looing for a candidate that is self-motivated, hard working and professional in both appearance and attitude. Duties will include service work for both residential and commercial properties. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits after a probation period. Resumes only accepted by email. Along with the Indeed application, please include a copy of your personal resume (PDF or Word). Thank you.
– Nanaimo and surrounding areas;
Anticipated Start Date:
– April 2019;
– Hourly – extended benefits are available after 6 months;
– Service experience required
– Experience in all other electrical fields are an asset;
Type of Work Setting:
– Service & Small-scale Commercial/Residential Construction;
– Red-Seal Journeyman;
– Valid Class B FSR (mandatory);
– Extensive knowledge of CEC;
– Basic handtools, multi-meter and cordless power tools,
– Valid Class 5 driver’s license;
– Valid safety tickets are an asset (eg. First Aid, Fall Pro, AWP, Confined Space, ArcFlash);
– Trouble-shooting of all electrical components;
– Professionalism in customer service;
– Reading and interpreting drawings and schematics;
– Testing and measurement with multi-meters, meggers, etc;
– New installation of electrical components in residential and commercial structures;
– Renovation/additions to all styles of electrical systems in residential and commercial structures;
– Instruction of apprentices (4 or less);
– Understanding of ArcFlash and Lock-out/Tag-out procedures;
– Basic computer skills;
Transportation / Travel information:
– Willingness to work out of town, on call, longer shifts and/or evening/night shifts;